Thursday 12 April 2012

When I Grow Up I Want To Be: Cachetejack



A couple of weeks ago I attended the preview of London's number one graphic art fair and exhibition Pick Me Up at Somerset House. It was here that I had the pleasure of discovering Spanish illustration duo Nuria Bellver and Raquel Fanjul better know as Cachetejack

Combining whimsical hand drawings with witty, ironic statements, Cachetejack's work is seriously funny while being very easy on the eye. 


Taken from their illustrated manual Procreating is About Making Decisions, the above image, specifically How Men See Women, caused me to break down into tears of pure joy. I like how it's fearlessly matter-of-fact but completely ironic at the same time. 


What do you want to be when you grow up is an adults version of what we would have read at school and couldn't be more relevant to modern society where the majority of us are still asking that question at the age of 25 (what me?). 




If all prisoners looked like the chap above then I think girls would be trying to get themselves arrested left right and centre. Yes I know prisons are single sex but you know what I mean. 


I fancy this guy which I fear is a bad thing as he represents hipster style . I like the fact his face is blurry, I feel drunk just looking at him. 


See what else I liked at Pick Me Up on the Lazy Oaf blog




No comments:

Post a Comment