Tuesday 27 March 2012

Mudchute Farm


As a born and bred Buckinghamshire girl growing up in a house surrounded by fields, city life can bring me down from time to time. That's why, one weekend, earlier this year, my school-friend Lisa and I made it our mission to get a taste of the country without leaving London. 

Isle of Dogs very own Mudcute Farm is where we ended up. OK, so it is located behind a giant Asda store but it definitely served its purpose. 


While I have visited local farms in my area such as Hackney City Farm and Spitalfields, what really lured me into visiting Mudchute was the promise of Alpacas, and they certainly didn't disappoint. Not only do they look the part but they were also ridiculously friendly plus their shaggy legs always remind me of Mr. Tumnus the Fawn. 



I knew I was in for a good time when I was greeted by this French Bulldog and Husky dream duo. 



Nokia the horse - a modern name if ever I saw one. 




Kissy kissy.


These climbing goats instantly reminded me of one of my favourite Tumblr discoveries from last year goatsonstuff.com.





To top off our visit, we enjoyed a wholesome lunch in the Mudchute Kitchen - I had wild mushroom and pasata on toast and Lisa had the vegetarian fry up breakfast, both were very good.

Mudchute Farm is open from 9-5pm Tuesday-Sunday and admission is free. Address: Mudchute Park & FarmPier Street, Isle of Dogs, London E14 3HP, nearest tube: Crossharbour on the DLR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment